Thursday 22 November 2012

London on film - Kodak Portra 400 @ ISO800 (22/11/2012)

In the past I have posted numerous black & white film photography from London and Japan. However I have also been shooting colour film occasionally, in the form of Kodak Portra 400.
There's been many debates and comparisons in street photography about colour vs black & white. Personally I have no general preference, rather choosing between the two depending on the project, place or  the mood I am in.
However there are moments where I will see something which will only make sense in colour and end up disappointed as I happen to have black & white film in my camera. I guess this is one downside of film, but on the other hand it teaches you to focus your mind on the style of photos you are about to take rather than shoot haphazardly, without an aim.
Colour vs black & white, film vs digital... these are common sources of heated debates between photographers, but you can't deny the clear advantages and disadvantages of both. You just have to choose what works for you.

All shots taken on the Ricoh GR1v + Kodak Portra 400 shot at ISO 800:





No comments:

Post a Comment