Thursday 8 November 2012

Come Rain or Shine (Scenes from the Notting Hill Carnival) (08/11/12)

I've been attending the Notting Hill Carnival for the past three years now so I thought it'd make an interesting series. It's an event that photographically is pretty well covered, with almost every carnival goer taking snaps and video on their camera phones or dedicated cameras.
In this series I've attempted to make photos that show the carnival and all the people involved in a slightly different light (as clichéd as it may sound). I'm not entirely sure I've achieved that, but since at the moment there's not much else going on and the weather is so poor, these photos are a reminder of what to look forward next summer.
I should also mention that given the abundance of cleavage and bum cheeks on show by the majority of the ladies, it was extremely difficult NOT to photograph them, even if I tried! So excuse the slightly risqué content of this series if you're not into that sort of thing.

I hope you enjoy the photos. Feel free to leave comments and critique. Shot on the Olympus OM-D EM-5 + 14mm & 12-50mm lenses:








No comments:

Post a Comment