Monday 10 December 2012

Welcome to Miami: Street Photography (10/12/2012)

During a recent work trip to Miami, Florida, I was able to spend a well deserved couple of days shooting the streets of Miami Beach (and of course the beaches). It was a real treat going from 5°C in London to 27°C in Miami. The streets, beaches, bars, and shopping malls were a feast for the eyes (or lens as the case may be).

From a photography point of view though, my problem was that I'd never shot the streets in the States before and was weary of waving a camera in someones face, especially on the beach. It normally takes me a few days to get acclimatised to shooting in a new city or country, unfortunately those were a few days that I did not have. Nevertheless I did try and shoot as much as possible and was exhausted by the end of my trip (Who was it that said a street photographers most important toll apart from his camera are his shoes?).

I don't think this series of photos will do Miami justice, as there's so much going on at all times and I was not as comfortable on the streets as I'd like to have been. But they're a start of hopefully a new project in this fine city.
All shots were on the Olympus OM-D E-M5 + Panny/Leica 25mm f1.4, my newly acquired Oly 12mm f2.0 and 45mm f1.8 lenses:





No comments:

Post a Comment