Tuesday 9 April 2013

London on Film - Fujicolor Superia 400 X-TRA (09/04/2013)

Now that the clocks have been brought forward and we it stays lighter for longer, I've been shooting more colour film, and doing so has got me searching for a cheap alternative to Kodak Portra 400 at ISO 400.
First up on the list of films to try is the Fuji Superia 400 X-TRA. I've used this film before in the Nikon FM3A and have got fairly good results. The colours are nice and vibrant but indoor shots sometimes suffer from over saturation of skintones when compared to Portra.
Anyway I do like this film and personally I prefer the over saturated colours to Portra. My only problem with it is the slightly larger grain size and lack of exposure latitude when compared to Portra 400. Although I haven't tried (maybe I will in my next roll), I doubt you'd be able to expose Superia 400 at ISO 800 and get acceptable results.

Here are some shots of London using this film in my Ricoh GR1v. I have to say, I really love the colours the film's reproduced in the first photo. Let me know what you think.






No comments:

Post a Comment