Monday 6 August 2012

New Japan set: A Japanese Tour of Japan - Part 1 (06/08/2012)

Hey folks

Here's a set that I have been working on processing, is a short set during a two day tour of the Hiroshima, Shimane, Yamaguchi and Iwaki prefectures.

It was a bizarre experience being on a tour with approximately 30 Japanese tourists, being the only foreigner and not being able to understand the tour guides. I was also the youngest  person there by at least 20 years. It must have also been weird for my tour mates, a strange foreign boy taking photos of everything but the local attractions.
Being a foreigner also afforded me some great opportunities to take photos of my tour mates, tour guides and locals involved in the tourist trade in their element. This is a light hearted look into the ways and wonders of a Japanese Tourist.

All photos were shot on the Olympus OM-D E-M5 + 14mm and 12-50mm lenses.







1 comment:

  1. They do love to go sightseeing, don't they. I remember a similar scenario... sitting on a bus to visit Miyajima, along with about 50 little old Japanese ladies, all wearing those little old lady hats they just love to wear.

    ReplyDelete